Friday, April 15, 2011

Via Dolorosa - en route to Fukushima

April 16, 2011 - Tokyo, Japan.

I am not a blogger - let's begin with that. Unlike most Koreans, the techno-savvy, I even struggle to change my own voicemail on the phone. But I decided to use this media for only one purpose during this Holy Week and Easter - to mobilize prayers for the suffering people in Fukushima, or "to storm the Heaven" as Mother Teresa called this sacred duty of her friends around the globe.

I intend to stop this blog shortly after the Easter when I leave Fukushima to return to my home in Vancouver, Canada. If my Japanese friends and I perceive the need to continue after the Easter, I may. But at the moment, I envision that this blog will have a short web life expectancy.

Via Dolorosa.
I am off to Fukushima Prefecture with three dear Japenese friends on Monday for a week long visit to local churches. We hope and pray that this blog may offer you a small help to encounter Jesus on this road to suffering that he took two thousand years ago and continues with suffering people around the world, especially with those in Fukushima Prefecture, in Japan in this time of multiple disasters.

1 comment:

  1. I am spreading the word here in Pattaya - I remember that day so very well in 2004! Our prayers and love are with you Soohwan and Midori - God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete